英文论文写作过程中，往往一些较常见的词组会被使用在文章中，但是，有些词组，本不适合使用在科技论文中，而且经常被错误的使用，LetPub结合多年服务于英文科技论文的编辑经验，搜集了一些中国作者在英文写作中经常出现的错误，列出最常见的“On the one hand ... on the other hand”这一词组来举例，希望对您有所帮助。
"On the one hand ... on the other hand"
"On the one hand, she was pretty, but on the other hand, she had very bad manners." (The first thing is pleasant and the second is unpleasant.)
"On the one hand, the challenger had many years of political experience, but on the other hand, he had a reputation for corruption, so I voted for the incumbent." (The first thing makes the challenger a good choice; the second makes him a bad choice.)
"On the one hand, ice cream is delicious, but on the other hand it is fattening, so I only eat it once in the while."
I see many Chinese authors trying to use this expression a lot, but it is frequently misused. One common mistake is to omit the "the," but more often I see them lead sentences with "On the one hand" or "on the other hand" even though their meanings don't contradict each other, as if the phrases were filler. It's also a little informal for a scientific paper, so I usually just take it out.
- 如何调整论文格式- LetPub SCI论文写作系列9 -New
- 什么是期刊杂志的索引（Index）- LetPub SCI论文写作系列8 -New
- 关于选择哪个杂志进行投稿的几点思考- LetPub SCI论文写作系列7 -New
- 如何正确使用基因/蛋白质的名称格式（大写与斜体的使用） - LetPub SCI论文写作系列6 -New
- 如何制作科技论文中的Tables - LetPub SCI论文写作系列5 -New
- 如何制作科技论文中的Figures - LetPub SCI论文写作系列4 -New
- 中国作者英文科技论文中常见语言问题 - LetPub SCI论文写作系列3
- 从开始准备到SCI论文投稿 - LetPub SCI论文写作系列1
- 摘要（Abstract） 部分的写作要点
- Cover Letter写作辅导材料